‘A night of MADness’
It was fantastic to welcome families and staff to our ‘Night of MADness’ on Wednesday 29 June, showcasing work from music, art and drama throughout the entire building.
We had vibrant and stunning art work displays produced by all year groups:
- Year 7s were inspired by Michael Craig Martin and produced some beautiful acrylic paintings featuring personal symbols
- Year 8s created a range of mixed media artwork inspired by Cubist
- Another Year 8 group had a lot of fun working with plasticine stop motions on screen
- Year 9 students were perspective inspired whilst exploring composition
- Our GCSE students worked on mixed media compositions, some of the mediums used were acrylic painting and print making
Drinks and delicious canapes were available to all visitors, located on the ground floor, followed by musical performances in our main stateroom Adams. The chamber choir set the tone with contrasting pieces they have been working on all year, followed by talented soloists playing everything from AC DC to jazz to Beethoven. The y7, 8 and 9 rock bands provided a rebellious and raucous end to the music before it was time to head to the drama studio and top up the drinks.
We were treated to a wide range of dramatic styles including moving monologues from our talented GCSE students and a witty retelling of the familiar tale of Rapunzel, by the drama club.
We were so thrilled with the turn out and would like to say a HUGE thanks to all those who came along. It was wonderful to be able to showcase the talent and hard work of the students in such a large face to face event again and we can’t wait for the next one!