Pupils from Eaton Square Mayfair tool park in a Gallery-based Art & Design sessions offering a rich cultural experience that helps build pupils’ confidence in looking at and responding to portraiture. The session explored themes of Image and Identity (including self-portraiture) The session aimed to support pupils’:
- Development of vocabulary through speaking and listening about Art and Portraiture.
- Understanding of Emotion, Expressions and Body Language.
- Encourage analysis of Pose, Character, Colour, Symbols through close observation, questioning and drawing
- Exploration of Gallery spaces
- To view and analyse art in a sympathetic environment
- Collect ideas for further development back in the classroom.